Brushless resolvers and Synchros
Provide rotary position feedback for control and monitoring of airborne servo-controlled systems. Safe and reliable position measurement for your application.
Our angular position sensors are either designed as line replaceable units (LRUs) or may be fitted inside servo-control actuators or DC brushless motors for commutation or vector control. They provide differential electrical outputs giving an image of the sensed angle.
We can also design the electrical modules for powering the sensor and processing the signal to a DC output.
Features and benefits of inductive rotary sensors:
- Trust your output
- Accurate positioning and targeting
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Customised optional design features
The sensor’s signal integrity, including its connection wiring, is easily detected by checking the quadratic sum of output voltages. Accuracy from ±0.1% Full Scale for a standard sensor. Sensors can be provided with manual/automatic locking and unlocking features. Electrical and also mechanical redundancy (up to 4 channels). Gearheads for multi-turn movements ( e.g. cowl or flaps/slats actuation shafts).
Proven reliability for aerospace and defence. Our engineers design each unit to be perfectly tuned for each application.
How to sense the aircraft movement
Here are the different mechanisms that we can use to sense the angular position:
- Hollow shaft input
- Mechanical bellows and dual path drive (to sense parts subject to out-shaping under high loads, while providing drive redundancy)
- Custom input levers (e.g. for flight controls surfaces)
- Input gear on shafts
- Input gear on a moving arm to compensate radial movement of the sensed part (e.g.for nose landing gear steering angle sensing)